Vintage 1930's Makeup & Skincare Guide

FREE IMAGES


Daily Beauty Rituals 1937
1930's Makeup and Skincare Guide with Constance Bennett.

Produced for the Educational Films Corporation of America.
Ms Bennett starts her day with a good bath, prepared of course by her
attending house maid !!


"Before starting off, one should start off with a clean slate as it were!"
"Stimulation is the basis for a good skin treatment."

Ms Bennett starts with an exfoliating Cinnamon cream, followed by
a complexion mask.

"If you take an evening bath instead, why not leave your mask on while preparing breakfast !"

She then applies pre-foundation moisturizer, which she calls her glow base.

" I'd be lost without my Glow Base !! "
" This is very important to all of us women, because the only time we're not
on parade is the time we spend in front of our dressing tables."


 Then Cream Rouge to follow.
It blends far more easily than compact powder rouge.
Then finish with powder.
" Sometimes I dont use powder at all, just my glow base, it gives my skin a nice lustrious glow!"
Then finally - lipstick.
" I'd like to say this about lipstick - for years I've bought every one
I've ever heard about,but I either ate them all up with my food,
or left them on the cheeks of my son when I kissed him good night or good morning.
Never did any part stay on me - most discouraging."

Ms Bennett finishes up with -
" Remember - to be beautiful and natural is a birthright of every woman !"
" I wish you all loads and loads of loveliness and good luck! "

As a vintage makeup guide goes, this is a tad naff, but certainly charming



You can download beautiful original vintage 1930's make-up and beauty guides now.
Also 1920's Flapper make-up, 1940's make-up & beauty and 1950's beauty looks

1930's guides
Instant Download - 1930's Make-up Guides from Vintage Make-up Guide.com



No comments:

Post a Comment